Help!! Please!!

KatieNicole143

Chirping
Mar 18, 2018
Omg omg! Today I was putting my little chickens back into my chicken coop (which is an out house because we have big chickens and the little ones will get hurt by them) and I closed the door and caught one of my babies in the door!!! She started flipping around on the ground and couldn’t stand or hold her little head up but she can move her legs and her head and can still chirp. I’ve been giving her water and giving her little bits of bread. Idk what else to do my heart is completely shattered. Someone please tell me if she can be saved or if I need to do something different. Yes she is separated from the other babies. I’m just so upset!! Someone please help!!

I had a bantam rooster catch part of his head in a rat trap once (the ducks pushed open the door and he walked into the feed shed) and did exactly as you're describing. He recovered well, within two hours, so there's hope. The fact that she's eating is encouraging. But without knowledge of what injuries your chick suffered, no one can guarantee anything.

Welcome to BYC. Wish it was under better circumstances and hope your girl recovers.

Omg omg! Today I was putting my little chickens back into my chicken coop (which is an out house because we have big chickens and the little ones will get hurt by them) and I closed the door and caught one of my babies in the door!!! She started flipping around on the ground and couldn’t stand or hold her little head up but she can move her legs and her head and can still chirp. I’ve been giving her water and giving her little bits of bread. Idk what else to do my heart is completely shattered. Someone please tell me if she can be saved or if I need to do something different. Yes she is separated from the other babies. I’m just so upset!! Someone please help!!
If she can still move enough to eat and drink on her own with it close enough to reach with out having to walk. I would give her time. Sounds like it might just be bruising. I hope thats the case. Accidents happen.

BREATHE! :hugs Accidents happened, I've caught my chicken's feet/neck in the door, thankfully they're adults & are ok but never learned.

How is it now? Can it stand? Hold it's head up? Or just laying there? Keep it in a dark & quiet place, forget the bread but offer water & food.
She is asleep right now I have been giving her water and she tries to stand but is just unable to it’s heart breaking but she’s been chirping up a storm!! She eats the bread really well I just hope she makes it

The EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME A FEW DAYS AGO!!! Except he was carried off by a fox. HE has been in my room for 4 days now, and he can LIFT HIS HEAD, but hurt his leg when he was carried off. HE lost his appetite, so I force-feed him, and made sure he drank a lot. I had to water him with a eye dropper, and made a carrot puree with some nutri drench. Tube feed him it tonight for the first time. SUPER EASY!!! Just keep your head up!! He will be fine!! Just make sure he gets enough water.

If she can still move enough to eat and drink on her own with it close enough to reach with out having to walk. I would give her time. Sounds like it might just be bruising. I hope thats the case. Accidents happen.
It was a complete accident and I feel horrible about it they were doing so good and this happened today and it broke my heart!!

The EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME A FEW DAYS AGO!!! Except he was carried off by a fox. HE has been in my room for 4 days now, and he can LIFT HIS HEAD, but hurt his leg when he was carried off. HE lost his appetite, so I force-feed him, and made sure he drank a lot. I had to water him with a eye dropper, and made a carrot puree with some nutri drench. Tube feed him it tonight for the first time. SUPER EASY!!! Just keep your head up!! He will be fine!! Just make sure he gets enough water.
I don’t have an eye dropper but I’ve been putting water into a bottle cap and pouring a little at a time every hour. She is asleep now I give her little tiny balls of bread and she eats it I have to force feed her. I have her in my room with my right now!!

:hugs i had on of my cats hop into a brooder of 30 day olds because i didnt wigh down the door. Thankfully nothing happened. But my kitties are hunters and it could have ended very badly
My kitty Chester has never bothered my baby chickens thank god it’s just hard knowing I caused pain to that innocent baby and I’m seriously so upset:(

Back
Top Bottom