Help please

Oh good, that's a relief! Is there any sign of fluid build up in her abdomen- it can help to pick up one of your other chickens, then her for comparison.

Some have had good results with "Feather Fixer" by Nutrena for supportive care during molting. Adding protein through meal worms is another way to go. The lack of appetite is concerning. Is she emptying her crop every night? She's pooping- so some stuff is getting through. Sometimes just adding warm water to her food can help.
She does not have any fluid build up in her abdomen. We are not completely sure if her crop empties out every night but we think she might have a minor impacted crop. We are feeding her some scrambled eggs for protein

Thank you for the link. I believe she has a gummy crop now. I'll test out the treatment method when I can get a hold of the ingredients.

Good luck! I've had great luck with the treatments outlined. It can be helpful to learn how to tube feed for ease of getting the right dose to the right spot in seconds. A 35ml syringe and a puppy feeding tube (some petsmarts carry them, otherwise valleyvet.com or Jeffers) can be washed/reused. Adding some poultridrench to the mix can keep her energy up while you work through the crop issue.

Back
Top Bottom