HELP PLEASE

Because it's raining very hard outside where I am and I think it's about to storm. Right now I am in the shed with him because the storm got to bad for me to carry him inside. I'm trying to dry him with a blanket, but there isn't much I can do right now. It's pretty bad outside and I don't want to risk getting hurt or getting Charlie hurt more than he already is.

The worst wound looks like the head, you need to get flour or cornstarch; qwik stop is the best if you have it, but flour or cornstarch work. Use a towel to wrap around your duck and then start patting the flour onto the wound. Find the worst wounds and put flour or cornstarch packed onto them then use the paper towel to apply pressure. The cornstarch/flour will help clot the blood and the pressure will stop bleeding, only push as much as you need to.

do you have rags in a box or something near by? Any cloth to apply pressure to the wounds. Bleeding needs to be stopped or slowed first and then you have to deal with shock. Keep talking to Charlie and keep him warm. Not too warm, you don’t want him panting, but slightly warmer then usual, that’s going to help him with shock.

The worst wound looks like the head, you need to get flour or cornstarch; qwik stop is the best if you have it, but flour or cornstarch work. Use a towel to wrap around your duck and then start patting the flour onto the wound. Find the worst wounds and put flour or cornstarch packed onto them then use the paper towel to apply pressure. The cornstarch/flour will help clot the blood and the pressure will stop bleeding, only push as much as you need to.
Thank you. I just got off the phone with her and she said she'd be home in an hour.
Studies show that corn starch will enhance bacterial growth on wounds, this is in the human medical field, but I believe it should be applied to ducks too.

Can you take her to a vet once your mom gets home?

New studies show that corn starch will enhance bacterial growth on wounds, this is in the human medical field, but I believe it should be applied to ducks too.

Can you take her to a vet once your mom gets home?
That’s an interesting study, but what do you use in its place?

Back
Top Bottom