HELP PLEASE

EvaRay1525

Songster
Oct 12, 2020
Hi, I have a chicken who is around 9 months old and I noticed she started acting different. She hasn’t been laying eggs anymore, sleepy, stays away from other chickens, and her comb looks funny. I live in Davie Fl and the temperatures have been in the 80s. We had 2 chickens in the past that died from an unknown sickness that acted the same but they were Roos and stood up but my hen is sitting while sleeping.
I have powder Corid and I was wondering how much I should put in per gallon?

Attachments

• 16CFAF88-B8A6-44A1-9307-98C5C1D98FAC.jpeg
    16CFAF88-B8A6-44A1-9307-98C5C1D98FAC.jpeg
    687.3 KB · Views: 4
  • C47B24AA-DCBC-4887-9D83-93C0D0C167C6.jpeg
    C47B24AA-DCBC-4887-9D83-93C0D0C167C6.jpeg
    395.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 807B4B0A-FAFE-40A2-9BB0-6CB3E0AE5EA2.jpeg
    807B4B0A-FAFE-40A2-9BB0-6CB3E0AE5EA2.jpeg
    685.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 1E73FCA2-CD39-4354-81C8-F20466A8CB2D.jpeg
    1E73FCA2-CD39-4354-81C8-F20466A8CB2D.jpeg
    625.4 KB · Views: 4
Hi, I have a chicken who is around 9 months old and I noticed she started acting different. She hasn’t been laying eggs anymore, sleepy, stays away from other chickens, and her comb looks funny. I live in Davie Fl and the temperatures have been in the 80s. We had 2 chickens in the past that died from an unknown sickness that acted the same but they were Roos and stood up but my hen is sitting while sleeping.
I have powder Corid and I was wondering how much I should put in per gallon?
Inspect her closely for lice/mites especially around the vent area. I recommend that you worm her with Safeguard liquid goat wormer or Valbazen liquid cattle/sheep wormer.
When was the last time she laid an egg?

Inspect her closely for lice/mites especially around the vent area. I recommend that you worm her with Safeguard liquid goat wormer or Valbazen liquid cattle/sheep wormer.
When was the last time she laid an egg?
The last time she laid an egg was maybe on Tuesday or Monday.

Besides checking for lice and mites, and worming her, feel of her crop to see if it is full and puffy or hard, or if it is empty and flat or not felt. Check it again in the mirning. A crop should be mostly empty in early morning before eating or drinking. Let us know what you find.

Can you try to get her drinking, and offer some moist chicken feed and a little scrambled egg bits? What do her droppings look like? Are they runny with mucus or have any bits of blood?

I felt her crop and it feels fine to me, I haven't been able to observe her poo because I have been very busy. She is eating fine I gave her some eggs and she ate them fine. I put vitamins in the water to see if that helps. Do you think she can have a vitamin deficiency?

What is fine? Was it full of food and water or empty? It helps to know if the crop is emptying overnight, and filling up during the day—if she has been eating. If she has been too weak to eat, the crop should feel empty. Crop problems are a common problem, as are reproductive disorders. Isolate her in a dog crate on puppy pads or an old towel or paper towels to see what the droppings look like. That can help to distinguish a crop or reproductive disorder versus a case of coccidiosis. Coccidiosis is more common in young chicks although a weak or sick chicken may also have problems. It is safe to treat with Corid, but that may not be her problem.

What is fine? Was it full of food and water or empty? It helps to know if the crop is emptying overnight, and filling up during the day—if she has been eating. If she has been too weak to eat, the crop should feel empty. Crop problems are a common problem, as are reproductive disorders. Isolate her in a dog crate on puppy pads or an old towel or paper towels to see what the droppings look like. That can help to distinguish a crop or reproductive disorder versus a case of coccidiosis. Coccidiosis is more common in young chicks although a weak or sick chicken may also have problems. It is safe to treat with Corid, but that may not be her problem.
Her crop this morning was I am guessing flat, usually its more filled. She is doing better than yesterday free ranging and eating. Her droppings have a green color to it and they are small poops. The poo also seems to be liquid.

Back
Top Bottom