Help please

jasmine0613

Chirping
Aug 8, 2021
My roosters had a fight today and one of them pecked the other one's eye and since then his eye is shut down and watery...i went to pharmacy to buy terramycin ointment but the pharmacist gave me chloramphenicol eye ointment and told me it will be fine as well...im not very sure about this so please guys if anyone knows whether its good or not please tell me

My roosters had a fight today and one of them pecked the other one's eye and since then his eye is shut down and watery...i went to pharmacy to buy terramycin ointment but the pharmacist gave me chloramphenicol eye ointment and told me it will be fine as well...im not very sure about this so please guys if anyone knows whether its good or not please tell me
U don't need anything to apply get some chilled water and soak one wipe (non perfumed) if u can add some saline solution and gently dab on eye clean 3x a day he will heal if not then get some doxycycline eye drops

U don't need anything to apply get some chilled water and soak one wipe (non perfumed) if u can add some saline solution and gently dab on eye clean 3x a day he will heal if not then get some doxycycline eye drops
Ok currently i cleaned his eye with saline water but still his eye are shut and watery...im feeling helpless tbh

Try a warm very wet washcloth as a compress held onto the eye for about 5 minutes to soften the crusty drainage. The chloramphenicol ointment should be fine. It will treat many different bacteria in the eye such as E.coli, staph and strep, among others. You can se that here:
https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/3533/smpc#gref

Once eyes are open, try to make sure that the eye has not been pieced or ruptured.

Back
Top Bottom