Help please

Natalie1001

In the Brooder
Jun 8, 2022
Hi all I’m a new silkies chicken owner and I have had 4 silkie chickens, however 2 are 12 weeks old and 2 are 9weeks old, I have had to separate one as she has been pecked on her head and it’s been bleeding 😧 she is eating and drinking fine and seems ok on herself but as she is the smallest and I cannot sex them I do believe she is the hen I will attach photos to show , she is honestly the friendliest out the 4 and I’m gutted for her I don’t want to lose her can anyone help or give me any information on what to do many thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,003.7 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    629.6 KB · Views: 2
Hopefully someone with experience will reply quickly! I know how concerning this must be. I have my first silkie chicks 3 weeks old- and a Polish one that seems to be smaller and more timid- he was getting picked on. My neighbor told me to separate her with one of the nice chicks so they become besties- making her more confident and having a buddy makes them less likely to get picked on. Just passing on what she recommended. ♥️

Hopefully someone with experience will reply quickly! I know how concerning this must be. I have my first silkie chicks 3 weeks old- and a Polish one that seems to be smaller and more timid- he was getting picked on. My neighbor told me to separate her with one of the nice chicks so they become besties- making her more confident and having a buddy makes them less likely to get picked on. Just passing on what she recommended. ♥️

Thank you I’ll keep her separate for now and see if I can boost her up she is small and maybe if she gets bigger she can defend her place better x

Thank you I’ll keep her separate for now and see if I can boost her up she is small and maybe if she gets bigger she can defend her place better x
Maybe add a sweet/timid chick the same age to bond with- really helped mine to have a bestie when reintroduced to the group. ♥️

Back
Top Bottom