Help please!!!!

DE can cause respiratory issues so that's a no for dust bath. Do not use permethrin around cats!
All my chickens are coming down with upper respiratory issues. Any idea why? That's what's going on with my chicken ears. Vet Rx I hope it's as good as they say.

Is it constant scratching? My 10 week olds scratch their heads because they have new feathers coming in.
Have you checked them for mites?
Yes I have and now she and others a wheezing. I think with all the rain and cooler temps we have had they are getting upper respiratory issues. Is vet Rx as good as they say? I want to do this as natural and as safe as possible.

DE can cause respiratory issues so that's a no for dust bath. Do not use permethrin around cats!
There have been a lot of studies showing that DE with crystalline silica present can be harmful as the CS is what will stick to their lungs. But there are plenty of brands out there that are considered safe.

We have used the below brand without issue for years, and we use a lot of it. It is calcined and doesn't contain earths metals or clays.

If we didn't use DE in dust baths in our desert-y area, I'd be terrified what would happen. But, just make sure you make an informed decision as to what is best for your flock 😉

https://www.acehardware.com/departm...RkPHy8A6nU9HLlZtlVoaAvv6EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Back
Top Bottom