Help please!

Cavendish Chickens

Songster
9 Years
Apr 24, 2010
Summit County, Ohio
Okay, so it's chick days at tractor supply. We purchased six chicks, all bantams. And... that's all they knew about them. They couldn't tell me the breeds. Can any of you help me find out what breeds they are?

1)
55293_sam_0060.jpg

2)
55293_sam_0065.jpg

3) There's two of these ones....
55293_sam_0067.jpg

4) There's 2 of these also, and they have fuzzy legs and feet...
55293_sam_0069.jpg

Last edited:
It's really hard to tell from your pics. Close up, side on pics of them standing are best and it also helps if you throw in a close up of the face straight on so we can see the comb. I'm totally guessing here but based on what I can tell of the color showing around the hand in pic #4 and thinking I see a beard/muffs showing, I would guess a D'Uccle. As to the others, I really can't say right now.

I was just at the TSC in Murphy, NC and asked them where they got their chicks. They get theirs from Privett so if you go to their site, you may see pics of your babies, that is, IF yours gets theirs from Privett as well.

Privetts has OEGBs, D'Uccles of several colors, Sultans, Cochins, Silkies and even Delaware bantams (though their stock pictured leaves lots to be desired). They also have Brahma bantams and a few others.

Well, i cant really tell from your pictures but heres what i think from what i can see:
1.Does she have feathered feet? If so, maybe golden laced cochin?
2.Hmmm... Picture makes it VERY hard to tell.. does she have a beard or tophat?
3.MAYBE golden laced Sebright?
4. Maybe Buff Brahma or Cochin?

Back
Top Bottom