HELP PLEASE!!!!

tonirene

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 9, 2012
10 minutes ago my rouen passed a shell of an egg.it was soft and nothing in it. it was split all the way open. what should i do?will she be ok?

10 minutes ago my rouen passed a shell of an egg.it was soft and nothing in it. it was split all the way open. what should i do?will she be oK
i NEVER HAD PET DUCKS UNTIL THIS YEAR.EVERYTHING I HAVE LEARNED ABOUT THEM HAS BEEN ON-LINE FROM SITES LIKE THIS.TRULY A BLESSING.MY LOVE FOR THESE DUCKS I CAN'T DISCRIBE,SO I MAY ASK STUPID QUESTIONS TIME TO TIME .SO IF SOMEONE COULD JUST TELL ME IF I NEED TO BE DOING SOMETHING FOR HER OR WILL SHE BE OK.?THANK YOU

I have no idea, but wanted to say something because no one has replied yet. Thinking of you and your rouen and sending good thoughts!

She will be alright. First year birds are known to have a false start more than any. Its the ones that dont come out that you really worry about

I know it can be awful to see things that you have not seen before, and wonder if you should be taking some kind of action.

I suspect there may be some yolk or egg white mixed in with her poop, too. As long as it passes, things should be okay.

Does she have free choice oyster shell and/or layer food?

And I really understand about being so attached to these dear creatures.

I know it can be awful to see things that you have not seen before, and wonder if you should be taking some kind of action.

I suspect there may be some yolk or egg white mixed in with her poop, too. As long as it passes, things should be okay.

Does she have free choice oyster shell and/or layer food?

And I really understand about being so attached to these dear creatures.
yes the egg white did pass and she is acting herself again.i am going to check into the oyster shell in the morning.the love you get back from these beautiful animals is priceless.I thank you for taking the time to help .

Back
Top Bottom