Help please

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by new2chickensfl, Feb 21, 2014.

1. new2chickensfl

new2chickensfl New Egg

Feb 21, 2014
    Hi guys I need some help. We bought 4 all American chicks we let them get their full feathers in and moved them to their coop. Day one was fine they came day two... At sunset we make sure they aren't in the pin below and make it up to their house above. We didn't see them my neighbor was dropping off a piglet so he helped me look. We have pin locks on all the doors well I guess a raccoon opens done of the doors :( one was dead , we found feathers outside the coop but no chick, one was in a corner scared to death I took her out and brought it back inside but one is still missing :( I don't know the sex of the one we still have we have 2 babies that were too young to have been moved out they're the poof head chicks but I'm worried what sex they are and if I'll be able to put them together at some point and if I can when :( hope someone can help the 3 pics of the brown chick I call her chicky Ricky, and I posted 1 each of my babies . I need to get 2 more chicks now ... I only want females for eggs "not to breed" when should I get more without them killing each other :( [​IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  2. chicken farmer8

chicken farmer8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2014
    if you can when you put them back in the coop but a lock on it that takes a key and make sure that the ground underneath the coop is hard so that a raccoon cant dig under it raccoons can open just about anything that a human can so a lock defiantly helps as for the chicks i don't know what sex they are but you can put them together and you will eventually find out if its two roosters you will be fine till they start crowing and if its any other combination you'll be fine anyways hope this helps and i am sorry about you chicks [​IMG]

3. new2chickensfl

new2chickensfl New Egg

Feb 21, 2014
    My babies are new ... So the big one won't hurt them she/ he seems to want to be with the babies I have her in a box next to the tub with the red uv light and babies are

4. new2chickensfl

new2chickensfl New Egg

Feb 21, 2014
    Does anyone know what breed they all are? I got them from the feed store the poof ones have fuzzy heads and fuzzy feet the older brown one looked like a baby owl when I got it

5. chicken farmer8

chicken farmer8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2014
    ok one way that i grew up with is that you can put one in your hand then put your other hand over your chick then turn your chick upside down and if it just falls asleep it is a hen if it fights and gets up it is a male this isnt a 100% but it has worked for me sevral times you wont now for sure till they get older

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by