Help, Power Outage!

jenjen182

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 21, 2014
My house happens to be in the middle of 3 wildfires right now, and I'm afraid that we will be evacuated. We would bring the RIR eggs (day 14) with us of course, but it would just be a bit difficult to get them to a hotel without them cooling down.

Any ideas please? I'm concerned for these little baby chicks!!
fl.gif

Just got a call from fire service... prep and be ready for evacuation. Anyone out there?

My house happens to be in the middle of 3 wildfires right now, and I'm afraid that we will be evacuated. We would bring the RIR eggs (day 14) with us of course, but it would just be a bit difficult to get them to a hotel without them cooling down.

Any ideas please? I'm concerned for these little baby chicks!!
fl.gif
Well, as you evacuate, you could leave them in the incubator. Stop and get one of those heat patch thingees you strap to your back. You snap them and two chemicals mix inside and create heat. That might get you by until you get to an outlet.

Thanks to both of you. Frantic calls coming from everywhere. It's so crazy. Gonna take care of these eggs! I'll leave a message later if everything is ok...

UPDATE: Ash is now coming down like crazy, so we're grabbing things and throwing it in the car. Using a blanket to keep eggs warm. It's gonna be a lo-o-ong night.
barnie.gif

Last edited:
You can incubate eggs another time. Your family's health and safety come first. Pack essentials - any insurance, health, etc documents along with medications, a change of clothes and toiletries, then anything else you can't afford to lose. Then go.

Thanks to everyone. Got out safely and the eggs are also doing ok. Geez, there are like 9 fires here in California! Thanks for the input!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom