HELP!! Premature Duckling

littlesushi44

In the Brooder
Jun 23, 2023
A few weeks ago two of my ducks got attacked and killed by a wild animal (Assuming a dog or fox) the Female (Chippy) had a few different nests and so we decided to check all of her eggs and at the time we didn't have an incubator so we did the best we could with a heating lamp, towels, heating pad, and a box. we managed to keep 3 eggs alive. a few days ago the same wild animal came back and got our male duck(QuackSparrow) so we were really hoping these 3 eggs would be okay. 1 Duckling has hatched just fine and the other ended up bleeding so we hurried and did the best we could to get it out to make it survive. It came out with an intestine and messed up feet. I've stopped the bleed and have been keeping it warm I'm going to wait and see if the feet will be normal. If not what should I do? I'm not sure what to do we gave it some warm sugar water(very little sugar) to help give it a boost and it did drink but im not sure what else to do except sit here and watch. Please help

That would be very helpful. If it is an intestine, it needs to be put down
Sorry for the late reply! the baby survived through the night and seems to be doing fine. it's pooped and drank water fine only problem is that it needs a little "sandal" for one foot for awhile!

Back
Top Bottom