Help! Prize rooster from first flock!

David123569

Hatching
Mar 7, 2016
My rooster won't eat, drink, move, or do anything. He is having trouble breathing and his tail is tucked. His poop is lite yellow and lime green. We have been giving him apple cider vinegar water with electrolytes and silver water. He us 1 of 2 left from my original flock of 8 and we need him for our new hens that are coming for meat chicks. How can we figure out what he has?!

Is he able to move his legs or his wings? Could he have eaten something toxic such as dead animal parts, or feed that had become moldy? Get some electrolytes, pedialyte or gatorade, and try to get him to take some with a dropper or spoon. Could something be blocking his airway? A light to look into his throat may help. Look him over for mites lice, and offer him some chopped egg nd moist feed. How old is he?

He is 1 year old now. We have been giving him electrolytes with apple cider vinegar and silver water. We checked his airways but nothing was there. We are really worried that we will have to put him down. We really just don't want to pay $70 for a vet. We need to figure out what is wrong so we can do everything we can. He can walk but he won't move his wings. He can't walk fast.

Last edited:
Had the first flock of 8, 1 year ago. I am now down to 1 hen. He died just now. R. I. P. Marie. Funny name story too long

Oh, the other 6 losses were from the carelessness of 2 dog owners. It's OK, those dogs suffered the same fate (yet less painful) Thank you. He was truly a special rooster.

Back
Top Bottom