**Help quail eggs started hatching**

lynn1966

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 19, 2009
My quail eggs started hatching monday evening but no babys yet. What do i do, there 2 days early.

Quote:
Not really sure what your question is.... if they started hatching monday evening... just wait it out... baby's need to be hatched and dry before you should really do anything. Sometimes it can take 24 -48 hours after a pip in the egg before you see anything. Just be patient!
smile.png
If your brooder isnt ready and you don't have food yet.. go get that ready and available for when you transfer them to the brooder. It's fairly common for hatches to start early or late.... so no worries there.

Nancy

How long should i wait before throwing them out. I never hatched quails before.

Quote:
I am giving a couple extra days, mine started on day 15 one day early so I will go till at least day 18 just in case I counted wrong. No rush unless you are waiting for incubator space.

Well if last night was 2 days early.. I wouldnt worry about that for at least 4-5 days. I generally let my eggs go at least 3 -4 days past their due date before I toss them. What kind of quail are these? The incubation time varies according to the type of quail.

Nancy

I've had bobwhites pipped for three days before they all bust out within an hour... just give them time and don't open that 'bator!!!
hugs.gif

Yup, quail do things in their own sweet time. They pip slow, but hatch fast. Sit on those hands and one of these times you go in to take a peek, it will be full of little chicks. They kind of explode like popcorn when they're ready. Patience is critical with those little buggers. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom