Help- question regarding hatchery Plum Run Poultrys???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ducksngoatsgalore

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 19, 2011
Nebraska
Does anyone have any input on Plum Run Poultry aka Heritage Turkey Hatchery? I'm looking to order ducks from them but would like more info. I've googled them but can not find any reviews!

Last edited:
Hi- they were the first hatchery that I've ever ordered from. We ordered chickens and turkeys- it says that they will let you know when your animals are on the way on the website. We got a call from the post office that our chickens were here- completely unexpected! We had to rush to set up the grow room so the little guys would be warm enough. We're still waiting for our turkeys. They were supposed to be here last week, but the guy said the were hatching the day we were expecting them (lights and room ready). He them said that they send them out the Monday after they hatch. Which is fine if I had known that from the beginning! So I should get them tomorrow? I have no idea- even after asking him to email me when he sent them. They don't have a phone number that I can find. This is our first Turkey adventure and we want everything to go great, while not wasting electricity for an empty room. I know this is a duck form- so, I have no idea how the ducks are. And the chickens we got are great! They even sent 3 extra to our order of 15, and one died along the way. But if you need to know when your birds are coming, they are not reliable in the slightest.

i have ordered sevearal times from plum run poultry......heritage turkey hatchery. i have ordered ducks from them. they are the only ones i have found that raise lavender, blue and black anconas. they arrived fine and there were extras. i have also ordered turkeys from them. same story....so many breeds that i have never seen before. it was hard to choose my favorite. there was an extra in the box that time too. i have talked to them on the phone. i emailed them and they gave me the phone number. i will order from them again because they have always had what i wanted and were very fast in delivering. and they seem very friendly.

For anyone thinking about ordering from Plum Run or Heritage Turkey!

I ordered 10 ducklings back in the beginning of January.... At the time I had trouble getting an email back from them to confirm that they were even a legit hatchery and still in business..... Well that should have been my first red flag.

Finally after attempting to contact them again I got a response. So I knew my money would be going to someone and that my order would be in. I had asked at the time when I could expect the ducklings to be shipped and they responded with sometime in April. I was fine with that, and placed my order..... I emailed them a few times to make sure that they had received my order because I had no confirmation after sending money.

Now that it is April I emailed and they tell me that they do not even start shipping until May and it depends on where I'm at on the list after May gets here. I still don't know why they told me I would get my ducklings in April when they don't even start shipping until May. On their website it says they ship year round so I'm confused there.

Anyway. I'm still awaiting my ducklings and thought I would share my experience here so someone else thinking about ordering from them might have a fair warning in advance.

Would I order from them again? Not in a Million years.
Communication is the worst I've seen from any hatchery and you may have a few gray hairs before you ever receive your ducklings........

Sorry for the late response. I did order 10 ducklings from them. I sent numerous emails to confirm my order and then to find out when they would ship. I was horrified when my ducklings arrived. They had shipped 2 week old ducklings with day olds. 2 were dead on arrival and I lost 5 within 24 hours. It was heart breaking. I contacted Plum Run and they told me to turn it in to my post office for a refund, which of course my post office said was not their problem because the package arrived on time and with no physical damage. I had a horrible experience and would not recommend! I have ordered from Boondockers and Cackle Hatchery with much more success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom