Help! RATS!!

Thank you.
I used poison years ago and a rat died in the basement. With air vents and at baseboard level in my old house, I thought I would die from the stench. Found it after it had decayed to flat fur. Thought I could shoot them cuz they're so damn big they don't scurry at all...but you're right I would probably only wound them. I am so depressed. One came up through my toilet yesterday. They are taking over. I have no money to pay an exterminator, and all they do is traps and peanut better anyway. I have caught 5. But this one big one trips the latch and then eats the bait. He is quite mature and wise, the little sh*thead, and has done that 4 times. There is at least one more too.. I hear them fighting and tumbling.
The depression shows on my face. Kids I tutor at the library ask me what's wrong. I can't tell anyone.
Thanks for helping.

All I can do is pray for you! What about contacting your ACO officer and getting some traps? I'm guessing the Big A daddy is trap saavy, but you never know. What you need is a bigger Mean A Daddy Tom Cat! Know any one who has a ferret? Perhaps you could borrow a ferret for a couple of weeks.

All I can do is pray for you! What about contacting your ACO officer and getting some traps? I'm guessing the Big A daddy is trap saavy, but you never know. What you need is a bigger Mean A Daddy Tom Cat! Know any one who has a ferret? Perhaps you could borrow a ferret for a couple of weeks.

Thank you!
When a giant opossum (i could only recognize the tail because it had long fur like a horrible ladies neck wrap) the county said they no longer pick up animals because they don't have the funding (I wanted to quip, "Only enough funding to pay you to answer the phone and tell me what you don't do?" but didn't.
Traps are a piece of cake for this fat daddy rat! I'll check a pet store for a ferret I guess, but probably not cheap. Do they stay indoors at night?

Thank you Howard for that well written material. I was looking for such an article that outlined the types of baits available, and discussed the risk of secondary poisons. Unfortunately, last fall when I resorted to using poison, the only one being carried at the store I went to was bromethalin. In your opinion, what is the safest poison to use, while still getting the job done?

The terad3 blocks from Bell Labs are actually rated and approved for use inside organic food handling places. Active ingredient is Vitamin D3. I would serve them up from safe and secure bait stations.

https://www.amazon.com/Terad3-Blox-Kills-Rats-Mice/dp/B004HHK98A

Wish there was a smaller package size, but that tub is about as small as they go.

BTW, I think the target market for the folks at Bell Labs is professional exterminators. So this might be the same stuff they would be using.

Ferrets are indoor pets. You can't let them outside. I was quipping, tongue in cheek. They are related to Mink. I know that Mink are incredible rat killers. If you do a you tube search, you will find videos of folks who take mink and dogs to do rat extermination. Those mink are incredible exterminators.

Back
Top Bottom