Help! RATS!!

Tulips:

Do you think your rats are a resident bunch that are trapped in your house or are they now able to come and go freely? If the latter.........that is a problem.

And are they roof rats (hanging out in your attic) or the much larger brown (Norway) rats living in tunnels down low? Coming up through a toilet sounds like Norway rats.

So these guys are super tough. Able to swim half a mile of open water? Fall 50 feet and walk away unharmed?

https://wildlife.unl.edu/pdfs/rodent-proof-consturction-structural.pdf

This is a good one
wp_ss_20180215_0001.png

I checked out the electronic devices and as near as I can tell, they only work short term. Rats and mice quickly get used to them and tune it out.

I think you sent me the video about Army war on rats. I lost it somehow when I put my smart phone down to get earbuds.
Please send your post again. So much there to learn.

Trap called JAWZ by Eaton company. Use stick granola bar for bait. Just enough to push down into the bait cup. They can't get to bait without tripping trap. No touch rat to dispose and reset in 30 seconds. No danger of getting snapped.

Tulips:

Do you think your rats are a resident bunch that are trapped in your house or are they now able to come and go freely? If the latter.........that is a problem.

And are they roof rats (hanging out in your attic) or the much larger brown (Norway) rats living in tunnels down low? Coming up through a toilet sounds like Norway rats.

So these guys are super tough. Able to swim half a mile of open water? Fall 50 feet and walk away unharmed?

https://wildlife.unl.edu/pdfs/rodent-proof-consturction-structural.pdf

Yes, Norway for sure. I think they have found me...might be able to come and go, not sure, and hope not. I really hope not! The biggest smart one I saw go into the toilet in middle of the night when I came with my bright light. I thought the gap under the basement door is how they migrated to inside. Toilet is private entrance no doubt.
Will they go outside to die if I poison them. If they die in walls or under the house, I have no where to go when they rot. The smell is unbearable. They have found the right pansy girl. There are fruit trees everywhere in the area. They think they're in heaven no doubt. Sounds like traps aren't enough to end this nightmare.

Back
Top Bottom