HELP! Red 'bubble' on newly hatched chick's bottom on/around vent

OH MY WORD. You're kidding me! I am in the middle of a very spread out hatch and could use some encouragement! I have a very lonely baby who hatched yesterday (barely day 20) and the other two haven't even pipped! I'm pulling my hair out trying to keep this little guy happy. It's depressing to see him all alone 🥺 Any tips, tricks, or experience?
We pulled the chicks for the broader really quick! Also, made sure that there were no pipped eggs before we opened the lid. We had pretty good luck. Not sure if our last one will mak
Any Update on the Baby?
The sac does not look like it’s going down but I am going to give it the full 24 hours. The more I watch her I think there is something else wrong. She can’t stand up on her own, her wings are almost crooked? She did drink a little water from a dropper tonight and swallowed fine. Thanks for checking. I’m a bit nervous I will have to cull it.

She's still absorbing her yolk. As soon as possible, put her in a small plastic cup with a towel on the bottom. Put her back in the incubator in the cup. She won't be able to move around and thus won't burst her sack.
I’m not sure how old this post is, but thank you again! Just followed your advise for my chick

I’m following the advice too. Hatched last night, pink yolk sac noticed this am. Put her in a cup and it looks less but still there. She otherwise seems fine. How long should I let it be in the cup? What if it doesn’t absorb? Anything else I can do?

Back
Top Bottom