Help rid yard of fleas.

I would be happy to send you the 2 feet of snow/ice that I have covering my yard. 100% organic and safe to eat (except the yellow parts)

Get a sprayer (back pack type?) and mix some Permethrin with water in it. Start by spraying UNDER the house if you can. Circle outward until you have sprayed the whole yard with Permethrin. If you start OUT and spray TOWARD your house, all the fleas will come IN to your house! Sprinkle 10% Sevin around the yard occaisionally afterward.

You need some of these in various places she uses, especially where she lounges or sleeps- contain dichlorovos

A vet first recommended them- good in coops too- barns and homes, avoid over feed or water.
Can be used over ground where Sevin, Stable Boy, Dri Kill or sprays have been used first.
Various brand names in clude Black Flag, Vapona, Home Hardware, TSC...

It also helps to put a bit of Sevin or DE in your vaccuum, provided you have a hepa filter. Fleas hatch in two-week cycles so you'll get adults first then need to repeat every couple of weeks. Might we worth leaving the house for a day or two so you can spray bomb, I know this sometimes isn't possible.

Last edited:
Last summer when our fleas were so bad hubby attached something to our hose and sprayed the yard. It worked pretty well but of course, I can't remember what it was. I think he got it from Lowes or Home Depot.

Quote:
Didn't give folks much chance to answer or get another idea. You should have just done your chemical war this morning and be done.

Strange as it may be Ive asked on more then just this forum. And I gave it many hours of advice. Thank you though. I handled it.

On another note. I used Ortho via waterhose. Worked wonders. I started with Sevin to no avail. I think the infestation was too much. My yard is a highway for feral cats so I think that's where the problem came from. Monday I'm going to the nursery to see if I can find me a bunch of lavender. Thanks everyone for the help.

Quote:
I've been doing the garlic in food for days now since I've heard it is a good preventative.
smile.png

We had a horrid problem with fleas, I treated my dog once with Advantage and all the fleas were gone in no time. Advantage still works for us, I know some people say it has stopped working for them, but so far, so good.

Back
Top Bottom