Help Rooster attacking my Duck!!

SarahJane_G

Chirping
Jul 15, 2020
So our flock is 6months old now 1rooster 6hens and 1duck.. I have to say the duck up untill now has been the boss protector of the flock but last week we noticed she started staying in the coup hoovering at the door agitated but wouldn't come out so i forced her out to make sure she ate drank ect and noticed he was afraid of the rooster if he came near she'd run off back inside, so then i started putting him in and letting her out a while eachday.. one morning he just went at her very violently attacking her+other hens so we removed him.. after a day i thought id introduce a few hens with him for company but he went instantly crazy on them also more than just the mating aggression, i noticed hes dropping his wings to the ground while running at them.. anyone come across anything like this?? Our 1st flock so totally novice.. am i overreacting is this just the pecking order as he's matured??

Perhaps try separating your roo and duck so the roo cant attack?
My roo always attacks my turkeys, so I make sure the are never together.

Im feeling sorry for him on his own especially with winter setting in as this bunch just love to huddle up together.. Do u think hes ok alone? Obviously the duck cannot roost with them at night but she sits underneath them and snuggled up whilst sunbathing outside.. She's happy as larry again with him removed 🙈

Back
Top Bottom