Help! Rooster poop question

My little too has been doing droppings like this for like a week. He’s also increased his food intake (and his insistence on eating random stuff from the floor). Could it be intestinal worms?
I hate that I don’t have any vets nearby that I can consult. 😭
Cocci has some side effects both short and long term, so the initial diarreah could have been a slight side effect from the treatment. Vitamins and probiotics after care treatment may have helped if the cocci treatment was successful.

Depending on your flock size, and for an adult this size, you should just treat for worms if he has had them in the past and he shows signs like this. And keep track in your mind who you have treated. An adult this size can be treated at any sign of worms, and may not need treated again for a long time so you can remember who gets treated and then you know.

If he was eating until his crop is impacted, he must have felt better, but if you havent dewormed yet, then you should so you can rule out worms in his treatment. Since youre monitoring the crop, if you notice any leftover food impacted in the morning, that is a good time to give him 20 to 40 mL of water and break up the impaction. That should easily prevent sour crop if the food is moving through his system.

You should deworm him if you haven't. Sorry if you already have and i missed that part of the post. Deworming medicine is very safe and has no side effects, other than the effects of the dying worms. He may pass the worms on his own too, but they will contribute to any MG inflammations because they rob essential nutrients for his immune system.

Back
Top Bottom