HELP!! Rooster sick and getting 5 MORE chickens today!!! Helllllpppp

longlegz86

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 23, 2012
Rutherfordton NC
My RIR rooster has some clear nose drainage.......what could it be and how do I fix it........Ty

UPDATE: Just noticed he has some eye drainage as well and is coughing once in awhile... If he does have the Respiratory Infection or "Cold" will the others get it? or will they be ok?! I am getting FIVE new chickens TODAY and need to treat this QUICK!! Is there something I can give ALL of them? HELP!!!

Last edited:
Keep him separate and if he doesnt get better try some antibiotics from tractor supple. Watch the rest and give them so APple cider vin.

Keep him separate and if he doesnt get better try some antibiotics from tractor supple. Watch the rest and give them so APple cider vin.

The other seems fine except one.. she is losing some feathers but IDK what that could be. We put some DE in with them so if its lice..that will rub off on them. He is just sitting out there looking miserable. How much are the antibiotics and what are they called?

Durvet
00ae.png
Duramycin 10, 6-2/5 oz.......... Would that work? I could mix some in with eggs or something and get him to eat it? I dont know if he would drink enough of it......... Never used it before

I would ask the employee for proper dosing, that is the correct wtuff i believe, its about 8 or 10 dollars. His color is good, looks sleepy!

Back
Top Bottom