Help! Same breed issue.

Kay Killens

Chirping
Mar 29, 2020
Hi friends! I hope you can share opinions on my issue. Thanks in advance for any responses!

I became a first time chicken keeper May of 2020 and started with 15 vaccinated chicks of various breeds, ordered through a very reputable breeder. All went so well with the hens beautiful and healthy.

Fast forward to August of 2021 and I lost my beautiful Cream Legbar, Fanny. I talked with the vet about her stopping laying, becoming lethargic, etc. The vet said she felt Fanny had more than one issue. I was devastated.

Now in October, I’ve lost my other two Cream Legbars within four days of each other. I found Flo in the coop on her side and she looked like she had broken her wing, then wouldn’t walk much but was eating and drinking well. I brought her inside where I could keep my eyes on her. She seemed to be getting better, then just died. Penny seemed to have dropped dead one afternoon free ranging time. I found her back in the run.

I find it puzzling that the three I lost were all the same breed, the only three Cream Legbars I had. I emailed the hatchery asking if there could have been any way the three could have missed their vaccinations and they replied they weren’t aware of any issues.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? I’m sorry for the length.
Thanks again.
Kay

Back
Top Bottom