HELP SAVE ABUSIVE BROODING

The chicks at my TC are in the new brooders and they are bright eyed and active, just as I'd expect chicks to be. From what I can tell, every time someone says they see dead chicks it's right after the stores set up the new brooders which likely means they didn't set the heat correctly at first.

Now, I'm not saying it's impossible for these brooders to have a problem. They might. But there isn't anything about the design that screams "abuse" to me or that the design is faulty. I highly suspect it's user error.

The chicks at my TC are in the new brooders and they are bright eyed and active, just as I'd expect chicks to be. From what I can tell, every time someone says they see dead chicks it's right after the stores set up the new brooders which likely means they didn't set the heat correctly at first.

Now, I'm not saying it's impossible for these brooders to have a problem. They might. But there isn't anything about the design that screams "abuse" to me or that the design is faulty. I highly suspect it's user error.
The brooders in their stores are different this year, and it seems that they are all trying to get warmth, they are huddling together

Also, here is a link to a video that explains all of this, to help understand my point more

There is absolutely no reason to think that only the "top" brooder is adjustable. These units are actually individual brooders that simply stack, so they should all be exactly the same. Which follows my suspicion that it's user error.

There is absolutely no reason to think that only the "top" brooder is adjustable. These units are actually individual brooders that simply stack, so they should all be exactly the same. Which follows my suspicion that it's user error.
Ahhhh, I see your point now. I wish they didn’t switch brooders as more chicks have been diying this year, but the brooders save a lot of space

Baby chicks are shipped all over the country and many die because of traffic, weather, backlogs etc... and you guys are worried about a brooder setup at a store? Don’t like it don’t buy them. Simple.

Back
Top Bottom