Help! Serama chick!

Gerbil

Oh, Crazy!
13 Years
Jun 24, 2010
One of my Serama chicks is not drinking right, he drinks but he stretches his neck out, closes his eyes, gasps and stands like that for about a minute. He is really small compared to the other Seramas and we had to separate him because they picked on him. He is roughly 3 days old and the last to hatch.(We had to help him a little) He digs,eats, cries like a baby when were not holding him but he stills does green poos, I have seen him eat a little chick starter and peck at his boiled egg. Could something internal be wrong with him?

Thanks, Gerbil

You just never know sometimes with chicks......sometimes it's an internal thing....like something inside of them isn't developed properly....so some do fade away. You might want to put some vitamins/electrolites in the drinking water...that'll give the chick a little energy boost........sounds like you're watching over the little thing as well as you can.

Good luck!

We put some electrolytes in his water, I will wait and see what happens, I really hope he can pull through.

Thanks

I've had several batches of chicks, and only one batch of bantams. I know Seramas are super tiny aren't they? Maybe she'll be fine......I'm wishing you lots of luck:fl

I did have one chick that was a GLW, and he was slower than the others, and seemed to have to set and rest alot.....he turned out just fine.

Hope things turn out OK.

Thanks for the encouragement, Seramas are super tiny and he is a super tiny Serama, also he is so cute and I am kicking myself for getting attached but it's to late, I am.

Back
Top Bottom