Help Sex My Easter Eggers

eristic

Hatching
Aug 1, 2021
Hi all,
These are my Easter Egger chicks (8 weeks). I just wanna know if I have their sexes correct. I believe the white one is a male and the black one is a female. Can y’all confirm or deny my judgement?
The third picture has the black chick’s feet in comparison to its brother’s. Its legs are slimmer and it has no comb yet, but its tail feathers are kind of curved. The white one has similar leg size, but it has a pea comb that is very red and slightly raised.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi all,
These are my Easter Egger chicks (8 weeks). I just wanna know if I have their sexes correct. I believe the white one is a male and the black one is a female. Can y’all confirm or deny my judgement?
The third picture has the black chick’s feet in comparison to its brother’s. Its legs are slimmer and it has no comb yet, but its tail feathers are kind of curved. The white one has similar leg size, but it has a pea comb that is very red and slightly raised.
Thanks!
Looks like you are correct, white one is definitely a male. Black one may be female, though I am not convinced. Looks older than 8 weeks. Do you have a good close up of the comb on this one?
Oh, and welcome to BYC.😊

Looks like you are correct, white one is definitely a male. Black one may be female, though I am not convinced. Looks older than 8 weeks. Do you have a good close up of the comb on this one?
Oh, and welcome to BYC.😊
They hatched 6/3! So yeah, 8-ish weeks. The black one actually squatted for me today so she's solved c:
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom