help sexing button quail and pic!

Quote:
Boloney!! I showed you pics of the ones I hatched from yours!
tongue2.gif

yuckyuck.gif

Quote:
How is the "Red Breasted" Determined, when you don't really see Red?

The colors can be very confusing.
barnie.gif

Red breasted hens have 'barring' (see pic #2) so when you see that barring on a silver hen, you know it's red breasted
smile.png

Quote:
How is the "Red Breasted" Determined, when you don't really see Red?

The colors can be very confusing.
barnie.gif

Red breasted hens have 'barring' (see pic #2) so when you see that barring on a silver hen, you know it's red breasted
smile.png

celebrate.gif
I learned one color!
Now, how many more to go?
th.gif

Thank you Shelly, it sure can be confusing and alot to learn. I need to get me a notebook!

Quote:
smile.png

celebrate.gif
I learned one color!
th.gif

Thank you Shelly, it sure can be confusing and alot to learn. I need to get me a notebook!

I second the idea of a notebook. I was going to get one for myself to write down everything I've learned on all the different breeds, from colours, to incubating, brooding, housing, feeding, breeding etc etc etc....
lol.png

Quote:
celebrate.gif
I learned one color!
th.gif

I second the idea of a notebook. I was going to get one for myself to write down everything I've learned on all the different breeds, from colours, to incubating, brooding, housing, feeding, breeding etc etc etc....
lol.png

I'm lazy and can't read my writing, so I was going to print and paste.
gig.gif

Quote:
lol.png

I'm lazy and can't read my writing, so I was going to print and paste.
gig.gif

So, my babies are now two weeks old. How soon am I going to be able to post some pictures to get an idea as to, not only the colors of them, but the sex. I have one that I thought might be a splash, but it is as silver as silver as can be down it's back, and it's going up the head. Seems that they change over night in color. It's so neat to see them grow, which is very fast.
I am pretty sure that I have 4 white ones, but I am not sure if all the white is coming in on a couple. Is it possible to have some that are a white and buff color?
And, I think that one is going to be a red breasted something, and it has more white coming into the chest..pretty! They are all turning pretty. From cute, to pretty. Fun!

Back
Top Bottom