Help Sexing EEs

Well, EE aren't a breed... their a cross. Keeping that in mind for the future. EE can have muffs and beard, or not... any comb, any leg color, any comb... Hatchery stock usually has green legs and sometimes has beard and muffs along with a pea comb.

A cross....breed ? *Badum TSSSS*

Yeah all these different crown shapes are throwing me off! Plus They all hold themselves different depending on the parent stock... so what reads like rooster to me might just be their mix coming through.

And dominant they are. Eats first. Heards everyone into the coop and to what side of the pen. Just had never seen a pullet do that.
It's the head hen's job to control where her flock goes, and to keep them safe. She always eats first, because she is on top.

It's the head hen's job to control where her flock goes, and to keep them safe. She always eats first, because she is on top.

I let them out of the pen to explore on my pasture. So I will have to get a roo eventually to watch out for them. She failed in my books as a good leader yesterday when it started raining and she kept them under a bush instead of taking them to the coop. They were soaking wet by the time I noticed. 😩

I let them out of the pen to explore on my pasture. So I will have to get a roo eventually to watch out for them. She failed in my books as a good leader yesterday when it started raining and she kept them under a bush instead of taking them to the coop. They were soaking wet by the time I noticed. 😩

She's young and inexperienced. It happens. A cockerel will do little better than she will. The only reason for a cockerel is to breed, really.

Help help please I hope my Olive isn't a rooster . What do you all think 20200601_101142.jpg 20200601_101131.jpg 20200601_100955.jpg

Back
Top Bottom