Help sexing my Polish chick

I think Cockerel because of that hot pink comb starting.... my little one is also 6 weeks... I read that this happens between 4-5 weeks with cockerels only. Here is mine. Crazy Mohawk but definitely light comb and no waddle lines.
713B4669-2CEB-4753-A42B-85150302DABA.jpeg
4B3B1A8C-8179-42F6-AD49-09BF0B02BD37.jpeg
E9EE0A1D-DD54-437F-8DE4-66EEB802D335.jpeg

Here are some updated photos. This one is a wiggle worm so it's hard to get good pics but you can see the others too. They are actually slightly older and have much different shapes feathers and no pink comb. This one makes different noises than the other polish do as well. In general the other 2 we have don't make much noise anyway. But this one is much more vocal

Attachments

• 00000IMG_00000_BURST20200411112153059_COVER.jpg
    00000IMG_00000_BURST20200411112153059_COVER.jpg
    411.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20200416_171543.jpg
    IMG_20200416_171543.jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20200418_090408.jpg
    IMG_20200418_090408.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20200418_090359.jpg
    IMG_20200418_090359.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 14
Here are some updated photos. This one is a wiggle worm so it's hard to get good pics but you can see the others too. They are actually slightly older and have much different shapes feathers and no pink comb. This one makes different noises than the other polish do as well. In general the other 2 we have don't make much noise anyway. But this one is much more vocal
Beautiful polish!! And I still definitely say cockerel.... I can see a streamer or two on the top hat feathers.... in the back ground, that looks like a pullet. I bet he is getting ready to get his crow on! Those noises may be his practice runs. He may not be a big vocalizer, I heard that some polish are very quiet.... if that is the case you could have a nice family to make little polish chicks! They are so pretty! Nice to see what my baby will grow into! LOVE that the cockerel is gentle enough for your little one to hold! So cute!!

Well it was confirmed today. He began to Crow. We named him Regina when we thought he was a pullet, but I guess he's a Reggie now. This morning I heard our old RIR Roo outside upset and went up go see what was upsetting him and realized it was the little polish out there practicing his crowing 🤣🤣. So definitely got my answer.
The polish is really sweet to the kids. They go out every morning and feed and hold all the chicks so they have accepted this as part of the routine. Which makes it kinda easy if there was ever a predator and we needed to quickly collect the flock they don't run from being held. Let's see how long he accepts this though, because we can't get very close to our old RIR at all. He just won't have it.

We have a divider in the coop keeping the juveniles away from the adults. Kind of a look but don't touch situation. They all seem to get along when they are in the run together. It will be interesting to see how well him and Eli (our older rooster ) get along when they are fully integrated.

Beautiful polish!! And I still definitely say cockerel.... I can see a streamer or two on the top hat feathers.... in the back ground, that looks like a pullet. I bet he is getting ready to get his crow on! Those noises may be his practice runs. He may not be a big vocalizer, I heard that some polish are very quiet.... if that is the case you could have a nice family to make little polish chicks! They are so pretty! Nice to see what my baby will grow into! LOVE that the cockerel is gentle enough for your little one to hold! So cute!!

I am happy to hear that what I have read is right! Hot pink spot early on means cockerel...also means that mine is definitely a pullet and since she’s my only one I am super happy!:wee
I love that your kids are hands on with the chickens.! That’s precious! Let us know how the RIR does with the polish.... my guess is that Reggie will stear clear of him! :eek:

We used to have a Silkie cockerel named Connie. By the time we realized it was a cockerel, the name had stuck. Made for good conversation.

Call him Regina if it's stuck. He won't mind. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom