HELP SHRINK WRAPPED DUCKS !!!

sophiafur

Chirping
May 22, 2020
Currently incubating 3 duck eggs ( one has already hatched yesterday)

The other 2 had pipped almost 50 hours ago and had made NO progress at all, so after reading articles it said to peel off abit of the shell. i did that to find out they were completely shrink wrapped and could hardly move!

I then did some research on what i could do to help then and it said to peel as much egg shell as u can off, then moisten the membrane with water. So i moistened it and wrapped them in a wet warm paper towel. and the membrane seems to be staying moistened. They are still chirping peeping and chewing.

But u am unsure on what to do now, the humidity is at 82%, will they hatch themselves when they are ready now that the membrane is moist? or will they need a full assistance hatch?

here are some pictures...
6E9C4CC2-E443-484F-BD76-4076727DECF8.jpeg

Does this one seem almost ready?

someone reply asap please!!:idunno

I haven't assisted ducks (first ones hatch next week) but with chickens I would slowly start to loosen, or make a small tear, in the membrane, adding moisture if it seems stuck on the bird. Go slow, give warm up breaks and if you hit any blood put it back in the incubator and wait for a bit. Don't get the moisture into the beak/nostrils. I like to loosen the membrane enough that they can move and still try to hatch the rest of the way themselves but complete removal is sometimes needed.

I haven't assisted ducks (first ones hatch next week) but with chickens I would slowly start to loosen, or make a small tear, in the membrane, adding moisture if it seems stuck on the bird. Go slow, give warm up breaks and if you hit any blood put it back in the incubator and wait for a bit. Don't get the moisture into the beak/nostrils. I like to loosen the membrane enough that they can move and still try to hatch the rest of the way themselves but complete removal is sometimes needed.
i am too scared that i will rip a blood vessel, does this duck seem ready to come out... (this is a different egg as the other duckling pushed its way out after some help!)
DB6C238E-7F65-44FB-AC31-E4A794042185.jpeg

How is it getting on?
He fluffed up yet? :)
EE6F3519-0883-4017-A108-4C7BC060163D.jpeg
4ACB45E0-3A09-42D4-98E1-DC3A0C4E7AE9.jpeg

yes he detached from the egg a while ago... and is chirping loads! i put him back into his incubator for another couple hours to fully dry!

While people are here i thought i could quickly slip in this question as no one seemed to answer it on another thread...

these are welsh harlequin ducklings and apparently its 90% accuracy by sexing them by bill colour, does anyone have any ideas on this one?

Back
Top Bottom