Help! Sick chicken!

Jlevans001

In the Brooder
Sep 7, 2021
10 month old female. Presents with lethargy, listlessness, decreased appetite, diarrhea. Positive for coccidia, on day three of treatment with no improvement. Only interested in eating tomatoes, so I am tube feeding her (which she doesn’t like, unsurprisingly!) Also giving vitamin b and e supplements. Noticed crop is not fully emptying overnight. She is weak and sleeps with her head down.

She is a fighter and my favorite, sweet chicken, marilyn. I really don’t want to lose her, but I am at a loss for further treatment and don’t want to continue putting her through treatments with no end.

Please only kind advice.

Do the Corid drench along with the Corid water. The dose is undiluted Corid liquid at .3 to .5ml once a day for the next three days.

She might also benefit from a sulfa antibiotic to fight intestinal bacteria.
When you see blood in the stools or even if there is none, it means the intestines are inflamed and bacteria has very likely taken hold. In other words, you may be fighting against bacterial infection at the same time you are fighting coccidiosis.

A sulfa antibiotic is needed as it can target best that bacteria. The fastest way to get the drug is to get a vet to prescribe it, then you can get it right away and get started. But if a vet isn't an option, order it here. https://jedds.com/products/trimethoprin-sulfa-medpet?_pos=1&_sid=83dcb7a2a&_ss=r

Meanwhile, do the drench dose with. You use .1ml undiluted Corid liquid per pound directly into the beak once a day for the next three days in addition to the Corid in the water.

When the sulfa comes, you may add that into the Corid water.

Back
Top Bottom