Help... sick chicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

countrychikgirl

Hatching
7 Years
Oct 30, 2012
Hello, I am a new member to BYC but have been using your site quite a bit to learn about recent illnesses I have had.
I have had chickens for over a year, I have lost some to foxes and have also incubated twice with great results! I lost an 8 week old chick some time back and she was lethargic and refused to eat, I gave her water and vitamins with a dropper but she passed.
Recently, I had a 14 week old chick gasping for air and just flopping over. I went to supply store and got Sulmet. Gave her some full strenghth (couple drops) then put some in water. She passed a few hours later
sad.png
. I was heartbroken... that was last Thursday. Yesterday, I went in the coop and her sister was gasping for air and "barking" ?? she had a droplet of blood in her left nostril and she will not eat but has had water with Sulmet and some Nutra Drench. She is walking around barking alot and scratches at her beak??
I called the vet and he said antibiotic Sulmet will treat anything and should help. She is not getting any better and I am worried I will loose her too
sad.png
. Can anyone please help? I have not read anything like this on any posts here so I am not sure what is going on...
Thank you!!

Greetings from Kansas, countrychikgirl, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Happy you joined us but sad to hear about your sick birds. I won't be of much help but have you posted your concerns over in the Emergencies, Diseases, Injuries, & Cures thread. The folks over there really know their stuff and should be able to give you more precise advice. Best of luck to you!!

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Good luck with your sick chicken!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom