HELP! Sick chickens

cajun2010

Hatching
8 Years
Apr 11, 2011
I need help. I have had several chickens die over the last few weeks. They seen to have 2 different problems. Some of them start acting sleepy, uncoordinated and won't eat or drink. They will also gasp with their beak. Those seem to die in a couple of days. If I can force feed and make them drink they sometimes recover. The other ones just start to limp, with no other symptoms. I have checked their feet and see no cuts, sores or swelling. They eat, drink and get along ok. The first on I thought was injured but died in about a week. Then several more started acting like that. I don't know what to do. My flock is getting thinner! Help!

Planning on doing that in the morning. Using ivermectin drops. I have heard of so many different ways to worm. How do you worm your flock?

what is the dosage for safeguard, i am having similiar issues, lethargic, thin and diarea, only a couple of them, the rest are fine

so with the liquid is it add to the water or injected?? or used like ivomec was? thanks so much for your help- i did have some of the horse paste i gave to one of the girls that is in isolation and she was eating much better today

Back
Top Bottom