Help!! sick chicks

spear41670

Chirping
Oct 31, 2020
This chick has become slower and weaker and not eating as much along with 3 others but this one is the most affected. Could this be coccidiosis?

Attachments

• AAEA5465-4D8A-469E-B89A-A428BBC0CF77.jpeg
    AAEA5465-4D8A-469E-B89A-A428BBC0CF77.jpeg
    247 KB · Views: 11
  • 6FA41640-E692-4D36-92D4-F241A608E2F2.jpeg
    6FA41640-E692-4D36-92D4-F241A608E2F2.jpeg
    431.7 KB · Views: 4
Another one. They only poop this colour. Not the normal green one

Attachments

• A6B8E3E1-F11D-4517-98D7-857EAFC46614.jpeg
    A6B8E3E1-F11D-4517-98D7-857EAFC46614.jpeg
    561.9 KB · Views: 5
The poops look normal to me. Any pasty butt? You say they are acting slower and weaker? Can you elaborate? From what I've read, cocci can manifest in different ways. I wasn't sure if we had it but decided to treat for it just in case. It turned out we probably had a bacterial infection rather than cocci in our sick chick, but I don't regret treating for cocci since the vet said it's a good first thing to treat for. Do you have any Corid on hand?

The poops look normal to me. Any pasty butt? You say they are acting slower and weaker? Can you elaborate? From what I've read, cocci can manifest in different ways. I wasn't sure if we had it but decided to treat for it just in case. It turned out we probably had a bacterial infection rather than cocci in our sick chick, but I don't regret treating for cocci since the vet said it's a good first thing to treat for. Do you have any Corid on hand?
I agree, doesn’t appear like Cocci typically does.

I dont have any corrid. Here’s s another poop sampe though. By slow and weak i mean not as active and responsive. Not completely lethargic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 3
That one looks pretty watery. Maybe see if you can find some Nutridrench locally to help perk them up? It looks like this: https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...yg23Ynw17wY3pYWtaAceCYxfM0P-dRcBoC02cQAvD_BwE

There are other do at home recipes for this - but a little bit of sugar water plus vitamins and electrolytes could really help perk them up. The watery poops may be causing their electrolytes to be off balance. Our big chickens lose a lot of water during the summer (very water poops) and they suffer, electrolyte supplements seem to help them out. Are they perhaps stressed? They seem to have a lot of feathers- not sure how old they are but maybe they are getting too hot where you have them?

That one looks pretty watery. Maybe see if you can find some Nutridrench locally to help perk them up? It looks like this: https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...yg23Ynw17wY3pYWtaAceCYxfM0P-dRcBoC02cQAvD_BwE

There are other do at home recipes for this - but a little bit of sugar water plus vitamins and electrolytes could really help perk them up. The watery poops may be causing their electrolytes to be off balance. Our big chickens lose a lot of water during the summer (very water poops) and they suffer, electrolyte supplements seem to help them out. Are they perhaps stressed? They seem to have a lot of feathers- not sure how old they are but maybe they are getting too hot where you have them?
Yeah it is hot here in Pakistan but im keeping them inside. Can i use ORS?

Back
Top Bottom