//help// sick, lethargic hen with huge abdomen!

Yes, preening seems like a normal thing to do. I hope she feels better, but she probably is seriously ill.
Its 3 am here and she is walking around her cage and preening herself. She seems a bit more active. Her crop still hasn't emptied out. Maybe that is the reason why she has been this lethargic? I gave her 15 ml of epsom salt water around 6 hours apart yesterday. Should I try flushing her again?

I don’t think you should flush her. Without knowing what’s going on with her, any treatment you do could cause harm or st least unnecessary stress. Honestly the best thing I think you can do at this point is provide supportive care by keeping her warm and comfortable with food and water available, and wait and see what happens.

I don’t think you should flush her. Without knowing what’s going on with her, any treatment you do could cause harm or st least unnecessary stress. Honestly the best thing I think you can do at this point is provide supportive care by keeping her warm and comfortable with food and water available, and wait and see what happens.
I am keeping her warm with food but her comb and wattles are both really cold. Is this a sign to let her go...?

Back
Top Bottom