!!HELP!! Sick Rooster

Silverbatnam55

Hatching
May 17, 2021
Please help I don’t know what is wrong with my rooster. I Didn’t notice any changes in eating habits over the past few days. He had access to plenty of food and water but his crop empty and his comb is dry and bleeding, which I’ve heard is a sign of dehydration. No other noticeable injuries but now he’s barely breathing. Came inside for the afternoon around the time he usually goes to his roosting spot for the night and heard him fall to the ground, I ran outside to see him flapping around on the floor frantically as if something bit him but didn’t find anything that could have hurt him. I checked for mites but didn’t notice any. His butt does look unusually dry and white-ish though. Now the poor guy is barely alive. He’s taking short shallow breaths and Doesn’t move much. I’ve tried dipping the tip of his beak into clean water but I don’t know if he’s actually drinking it or just opening his beak to gasp for air. He’s about 3 years old and has always been super active and healthy so something is definitely very wrong with him. I don’t check on him specifically every day, but him and the other two hens he looks after seemed perfectly fine the past couple of weeks. The hens are still doing great as of now so I don’t know if a viral or bacterial/ contagious disease are to blame( will update if that changes) for now he seems to be sleeping with the same shallow breaths and limp body. I don’t know what to do or have any idea what the issue could be. The closest and quickest place to get meds would be tractor supply which is closed for the day and I’m honestly worried he won’t make it past tonight. I’m desperately looking for any home remedies or possible explanations of why this might be happening to him. This is my first post on the site so I don’t know how soon to expect a response but thanks in advance.

Sorry about your too. You have poisonous snakes where you live? Any sign of internal injury? Bloody poops?

Sorry about your too. You have poisonous snakes where you live? Any sign of internal injury? Bloody poops
Sorry about your too. You have poisonous snakes where you live? Any sign of internal injury? Bloody poops?
Yes both poisonous snakes and spiders but I doubt that would be the case, I live in a pretty urban area and haven’t seen a single snake in 13 years living here. As for the spiders I’ve seen brown recluse and black widows but it’s been a while since I’ve seen either of them. I just checked the area for spider webs or any other sign of critters but I can’t see a thing. He’s free range in my yard so I don’t see any easily identifiable “fresh” poops but he has some dry stuff stuck in his butt area. As for internal injuries I honestly wouldn’t know how to check.

Back
Top Bottom