Help... Sick Turkey tom

Here's his most recent poop...

Attachments

• IMG_20200525_160404751.jpg
    IMG_20200525_160404751.jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 5
Still not eating much... Any suggestions in what else I could do for him would be greatly appreciated.

Hello...
Our 3-4 year old tom, Reno, has been under the weather for going on 3 days now. Day 1 : I notice he wasn't strutting around, gobbling or showing off for his girls. He was pretty much just laying around or standing with his tail down, looking depressed. He does seem to have a very slight issue with his balance. It was a rainy, crappy day so we figured we'd see how he was the next day as I was able to get him to eat some scrambled eggs and I saw him drinking water.
Day 2: Still not better. I found a pile of poo in the turkey pen that had a couple of round worms In it, I'm not sure if it's his or from one of our turkey hens but we dewormed them all with safeguard. He spent most of the day laying in the turkey nesting box. Later in the day he seemed to be drinking more water and ate more scrambled eggs and a little turkey food. We also dusted them all last night with poultry dust as I did see a couple of lice on him. Day 3 : Today he still not feeling well, he walked around for a bit and pooped which was very watery, then went to lay down in the turkey nesting box.
I am hoping someone may have ideas on what else I can do to help him or ideas of what we may be dealing with.
Check him for ticks especially under his wings and tail feathers

I didn't see any ticks, I did give him the safeguard for 5 days in a row... He seemed to be getting better yesterday as he was strutting some and gobbling again and today seems to be going back down hill. We were treating him for blackhead cause we saw yellow in his poop, today would be the last day of metronidizole but when my wife went to give him his pill she barely touched him and a bunch of thick, clear liquid came pouring out of his mouth. I went out and felt his crop and it feels like it full of liquid. He keep swollowing and stretching his neck out. He also seemed to be staggering for a moment when he got up to go into the coop. Can anyone please help... It would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20200530_095211618.jpg
    IMG_20200530_095211618.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom