Help... Sick Turkey tom

Pics
I really hope he doesn't have sour crop as I have not had any luck with treating it in chickens. Can I treat for both at the same time?
"Sour crop" is almost always secondary to something in the abdominal cavity, so try not to dwell on the crop, try to figure out how to get his intestines moving. One way to do that is to give subcutaneous fluids.

isn't gape worm a different treatment though? is not awake enough this morning though to even find the coffee so I will just shut up until properly caffeinated lol

dang op thats expensive, I ordered the stuff on amazon for in case I need to do a fecal float test, for simple fact chickens aren't going anywhere at my house any vets office should be able to do it, easier sometimes at your pets vet that you lready have working relationship.with
This is my large animal vet.
isn't gape worm a different treatment though? is not awake enough this morning though to even find the coffee so I will just shut up until properly caffeinated lol

dang op thats expensive, I ordered the stuff on amazon for in case I need to do a fecal float test, for simple fact chickens aren't going anywhere at my house any vets office should be able to do it, easier sometimes at your pets vet that you lready have working relationship.with
I have read alot of different things on gapeworm and have found alot of conflicting info. Some say use safeguard, some say ivermectin. The vet that said she'd send it to state lab for me is my large animal vet that I've dealt with for years so this is very frustrating.

Email her this?
baytril_waterfowl_1.png

baytril_1.jpg
baytril_2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom