Help silkie egg has pin sized hole is it a pip or not?

shelby hayden

Chirping
Nov 27, 2017
Hi,
I am new to silkie eggs this egg is at day 22 and I just noticed a pin sized hole like microscopic level. I do not know if this was there before and if it is a attempt on a pip or not. How small can they be? My humidity has been steady at 65-70 since day 18 and heat is 99-100. I'm not for sure if I should help if it is a pip as it is so small.
Can someone give me some examples of how small the pip can be? Thank you

If it's just now pipping, I'd give it until tomorrow morning before interfering. Have any others hatched? Is the pip in the right location?
I don't even know if it's a pip that is the problem and no they all have separate due dates so this is the oldest at day 22. I have not heard any peeps either from any of them. And the pin sized hole is at the large end of the egg where the air sac is.

I just tried to take a picture but it is so small like a pore size small it will not show on the image.

Update baby is definitely moving in the egg but dosent seem to have an internal pip. I will keep everyone updated as it progresses. But if anyone has any information please post.

Okay I need some help day 24 and did the float test egg is moving slilty. Should I do a small pip to help or no?

Back
Top Bottom