HELP! Something is wrong with my chicken.

what a relief! Glad i don't have to go poking around down there anymore. It wasn't pleasant...for either of us. We don't have a rooster, as we live in town. Would a golf ball do the trick? or should i just give her an egg to sit on. I don't NEED her to lay, I was just worried she was sick.
Thanks so much for the responses!
Try a golf ball. Mine has broken some real eggs and ended up a mess. Check her nest for real eggs. My other hens will all go lay eggs in the broody hens box when she is in there and then she sits on them all. I just take them each evening. She gets grumpy so I just leave the fake one.

You can try breaking her. I don't think it's harmful I have just never been successful at it and she always seemed very upset. But I know it works well for some people.

I think I will let her be. She's away from the coop and not bothering anyone. I put some food and water by her. I might toss a golf ball in there. If she were bothering the others or creating a fuss then I might try to break her. It just seems like a natural thing...maybe once she realizes it's not working she'll give up. Kinda sad for her.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom