Help!! Something wrong with my hen

Biancadenysha

In the Brooder
Aug 8, 2018
Hi everyone, my hen has been lethargic these last couple of days. She is breathing fine but has not been eating much. She only drinks water. Her comb is turning dark slowly and she also has diarrhea which is runny and white. I will post pictures. Any ideas? None of my other birds are showing symptoms. We brought her inside and she's been sitting down majority of the time. She is wide awake though.

Attachments

• tempImageh89qhn.png
    tempImageh89qhn.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 19
  • tempImageFxEbCQ.png
    tempImageFxEbCQ.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 3
Hi everyone, my hen has been lethargic these last couple of days. She is breathing fine but has not been eating much. She only drinks water. Her comb is turning dark slowly and she also has diarrhea which is runny and white. I will post pictures. Any ideas? None of my other birds are showing symptoms. We brought her inside and she's been sitting down majority of the time. She is wide awake though.
So sorry you are dealing with this! I’m unsure since I’m inexperienced with this. Hopefully my post will bump this up and other experienced people will see this.

I am not a expert, but a few questions to help those who are.
How old is she?
When was the last time she laid an egg?
Can you feel her crop, and does it feel full or empty?
Can you feel her abdomen, and see if it feels full and squishy or hard?
Have you checked for mites and lice?
So sorry you and her are going through this.

I am not a expert, but a few questions to help those who are.
How old is she?
When was the last time she laid an egg?
Can you feel her crop, and does it feel full or empty?
Can you feel her abdomen, and see if it feels full and squishy or hard?
Have you checked for mites and lice?
So sorry you and her are going through this.
Hi, thank you for replying.

She's 1, last time she laid and egg must of been about two days or so. I can feel her crop and there's food in there still. Her abdomen feels pretty normal, and no mites or lice!

Back
Top Bottom