HELP! SOS. Suggestions needed!

Heartsopenwide

Songster
Jan 23, 2021
I didn't know which thread to put them in, but this is a bit of an emergency for me...Anyone have luck getting the post office to let you get birds on a Saturday?

I ordered ducks from Metzer. For some reason, they sent them from their Tennessee location instead of their California location (I am in California). I have been tracking, and of course they didn't track the entire time, until 5 this morning when they arrived in Oakland (I am a good 6+ hours away). It says they won't arrive until Saturday...no post office is open then! What can I do?! No way they will make it until Monday...and even if they did, I work a 12hr shift 45mins from home, with no ability to take them home during my shift...

Most post offices are open on Saturday until noon. Even if they aren't to the public, there are typically still people there working. I would call today if you cant physically stop in, let the people working the desk know that you will have live animals arriving on Saturday and ask what they want you to do, such as wait to be called, or to arrive there early in the morning (ours gets the mail in between 6-7 in the morning) to pick up the chicks when they should be getting off the truck

Most post offices are open on Saturday until noon. Even if they aren't to the public, there are typically still people there working. I would call today if you cant physically stop in, let the people working the desk know that you will have live animals arriving on Saturday and ask what they want you to do, such as wait to be called, or to arrive there early in the morning (ours gets the mail in between 6-7 in the morning) to pick up the chicks when they should be getting off the truck
Thanks. I am going to try calling all the post offices when they open. I am off tomorrow, so I can totally go get them...I'll go in the middle of the night if need be...I am working Sunday through Monday, 12hr shifts...so as long as they let me come Saturday I am good!

Back
Top Bottom