Help! Supposed to be Black Australorps pullets

DoubleC

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 5, 2013
Newburgh
Hi All! Very new here ... and actually a bit confused about where I should be asking this question ... hopefully I am in the right place ... if not, a redirection would be greatly appreciated. Anyway ... I bought 6 various pullets, I was told that 2 are black Australorps...however, as they mature (they are about 9-10 weeks old now) I am seeing a big difference in the way their tail feathers are coming in. They are about the same size and body structure. I did some reading ...and in checking out the combs and wattles, they are both tiny and pale, kinda vanilla colored ... . could one be an Australorp and one a Jersey Giant? Or is one trying to tell me its a roo? These are the only 2 pics I have at the moment ...
I was going for the tail shot ... before I read about the combs.

If they are black australorps then you'd be able to tell if they were roosters or hens by now. Mine are just a couple weeks old and two of them are growing a red comb and wattles now while others still have the small yellowish colored combs and no wattles.

So, if they are Black Australorps then you have hens. If Jersey Giants, I'm not sure.

Thank you all so much for your input. Its nice to have this community! :) I will be checking their wee feeties today!

Okay..so the bottoms of their wee feeties are both white.Their combs and wattles are identical, small and yellow-y. So, if they're both Australorps, can their tail feathers appear so different?

Back
Top Bottom