Black Australorp 4 weeks. Betting on roo!

Minanora

The Cuckoo Lady
Premium Feather Member
Jul 23, 2023
Atascadero, CA
I'm raising it up until my sister takes it. Which is hopefully today. But I have a suspicion that this is a baby roo, not a pullet. What do you guys think? I've never had Australorps so I can't compare, one of my SOE pullets always had thick shanks and more development in her waddles/comb.

Anyway this guy has pretty thick shanks but his posture is about the same as the rest of the chicks I have. They are all getting close to having so many feathers. This one's tail points more downward than the other Australorp chick I have. Here's the best mugshots I could get before I had to deal with the insane mess in the background.
1000007974.jpg
1000007975.jpg
1000007976.jpg
1000007977.jpg

I'm raising it up until my sister takes it. Which is hopefully today. But I have a suspicion that this is a baby roo, not a pullet. What do you guys think? I've never had Australorps so I can't compare, one of my SOE pullets always had thick shanks and more development in her waddles/comb.

Anyway this guy has pretty thick shanks but his posture is about the same as the rest of the chicks I have. They are all getting close to having so many feathers. This one's tail points more downward than the other Australorp chick I have. Here's the best mugshots I could get before I had to deal with the insane mess in the background.
View attachment 3756089View attachment 3756090View attachment 3756092View attachment 3756093
I do see some red in the waffles.
Just have your sister keep an eye on that one.

It would be my luck to get chicks for someone and have them turn out to be cockerels! Already they were supposed to be two Cuckoo Marans, but one is definitely an Australorp. 🤣

At least they're healthy and loved!

View attachment 3756089View attachment 3756090View attachment 3756092View attachment 3756093
Any update? I would have said pullet due to age and color, all our Australorp roos turned big and red 3-4 weeks

I don't have any photos of my sister's recently, but I have another thread about mine! 😂 Let me go get a link for it.

Back
Top Bottom