HELP the bottom of my ducks foot is bleeding !!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by cat1994, Sep 18, 2010.

1. cat1994

cat1994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    [​IMG] the bottom of one of my call ducks foot is bleeding [​IMG] and it looks like the skin is cracked [​IMG] it is the padding of the foot not the toes! [​IMG] what do i do ?!

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Wash it out real good with warm soapy water first then try some antibiotic salve but you'll have to keep it up where it won't get it dirty till it's healed or might get infection. Watch it close for that.

3. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    If you have styptic powder, you can use that to get it to stop bleeding.......if you don't, you can also use baking soda on the wound to get it to stop bleeding (of course this is applied liberally until the bleeding stops).

4. Kasia

Kasia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2007
    New Orleans
    Keep it clean and put Neosporin or Sylvadine on it. The Neosporin should not have the pain medication added to it. The duck may keep that leg elevated and limp for a couple of days, but other than that it will be just fine. We've had many many mandy duck foot injuries and all heal pretty quick.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by