help, the vet cant see me till 9:15 tomorrow

kodiman1

In the Brooder
11 Years
Nov 15, 2008
Mr. Turkey got in to something or someone and has hurt his eye. I called my bird vet and she wont be in till tomorrow and we have an appointment at 9:15. I asked the other vet what to do in the mean time and she had no idea other than just try and get water into him. I have been doing that with a syringe but he will only take a little at a time and is not eating at all. Here are some pictures does anyone have any suggestions in the mean time. I have placed him in an extra stall that I have and put a fan on him, since it is about 88 degrees here and a little hotter inside the barn. He is up on a makeshift perch with water and food beside him. I do have some SMZ but was not sure if that was compatable with turkeys or not. Thanks in advance for your assistance and help.

Teresa

ok I can t post the image any suggestions on that as well?

Ok, let me try. His right eye is really bad and his left eye had a little bleeding but it looks like it was from a scratch around the corner of his eye.

Last edited:
Not that I know of he is the only turkey on the farm. We have put out a trail cam on the only thing we have seen is skunks (caught one in a have a hart and that is a totaly different story)and stray cats from the park. We do have some phesants and one bantam rooster, but he is 1/5 of the size of Mr. Turkey. Plus the rooster, phesant and Mr. Turkey have coexisted for two plus years without any problems.

Back
Top Bottom