HELP!!! Theirs something wrong with my goose!

southernchicken9

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 4, 2011
augusta
I have a two an half mth. old goose that is acting like he can't breathe. he's inhaling deeply and wheezing. Is their anything that I can do? I don't want to lose him!

I just got back from the vet and he said that it was respiratory infection. I got him on a strong antibiotics, however it doesn't look good. He said it might be to late. Is this true?

I just got back from the vet and he said that it was respiratory infection. I got him on a strong antibiotics, however it doesn't look good. He said it might be to late. Is this true?
Hopefully your vet is just covering all possibilities. My goose had a similar infection two years ago when she was that age. She recovered really fast on the antibiotics and was remarkably better already after a couple of days. I of course kept giving her the antibiotics for all 8 or 10 days and took her to the check-up visits at the vet's. She's never been sick since that.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and your goose!

Well, my sweet little goose passed away this morning. This is such a shock to me. It happen so suddenly and I'm so heartbroken. I can't stop crying. I don't know how this could of happen. He has buddies(mallard ducks) that are looking for him. But some how I think they know.
I'm also concern for my other animals, not sure if this was a virus or what. Has this happen to anyone and did you do any kind of biosercuity?

So sorry.
hugs.gif

I'm also concern for my other animals, not sure if this was a virus or what. Has this happen to anyone and did you do any kind of biosercuity?

I'm so sorry for you.

I wouldn't worry about it being a virus, those are very rare. Geese are generally very sturdy, but they can get those respiratory infections.

Often the infection is caused by fungus, exposing the goose to airborn fungal spores. If for instance their bedding or feed has been damp at any time, fungus can develop. When the goose breathes in air with spores they may develop a bacterial infection.

I never found the cause for my goose's infection though.

Back
Top Bottom