**HELP** Throwing Head back which results in Tipping over on back?

redtailross

Songster
10 Years
May 18, 2009
Salcha, Alaska
I just got my chicks, some turkeys, geese and soem chickens.

I have a turkey they holds his back back, then then somechick bumps into him he falls on his back, not able to right himself.

I have him in a shoebox, so he can be with the other chicks but not bothered by them, what should I do?

Also have a very weak gosling, that falls over, so sits down.

I have only juts got them today...so im hoping the goose is just exhaustion and dehudration, but the turkey chick???

Any help?

thanks guys

Last edited:
I had a chick that did that, she wasn't a turkey chick though. She had some kind of neurological problem and ended up dieing the next day. It was very heart-breaking for me. I hope yours doesn't have the same thing, but if it does, we are there for you.
hugs.gif

Could it be chilled?

The reason I ask is because last week the neighbors turkey poult fell in the duck pool and sank. No one discovered it for a while. My neighbor had to jump start it, but it started breathing. It kept throwing it's head back. I put it under a heat lamp to dry and warm up. A couple hours later it was fine and running around with everyone else.

I think that was it, as I checked on it after making sure it would stay under the heat lamp, and its much better today...

Now its just my Gosling that is still a little weak any ideas?

My neighbor also had a weak gosling. Her daughter carried it around in a basket for like 2 weeks because it wouldn't walk. It turned out to be spraddle leg. They taped up it's legs and about a week later it was running with everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom