Help to identify my goats!!

My guess is that they are crossbreds. They are large for either pygmies or Nigerians, but their body type is definitely one of those breeds. They may be crossed with a full sized goat of some sort, but they look like Nigerians. They do not look like any of the full sized breeds of goats.

All my dairy miniature crosses look like a smaller version of a dairy breed. If they are mixed than pygmy, Nigerian, or fainting goats, which the doe is marked like.

Thanks everyone for your help to identify. I have searched and searched it seems like every breed I found that was close mine were either missing a trait or had a trait they shouldn't have. At 25 to 27 inches tall they do not qualify to be a full size. But to big for a pigmy. So they probably are a cross breed. Of what I don't know. Now it maybe just the weather but the boys, white ones, hair is growing very long. It is parting down the middle hand hanging down. Don't know if this long hair is common in Nigerian dwarfs or not.

Buck goats can get hairy, especially the miniature varieties. I once had one that looked like a yak his hair was so long. It does seem to be genetic with different lines having different degrees of hair length. I have seen it more in pygmies.

Oldhenlikesdogs, thanks for all of your information, it has helped me a bunch. I really enjoying learning all I can. Feel free to offer up any knowledge you might have. Thanks again.

I am full of knowledge and probably other things, so ask whatever you want to know, there are many knowledgeable goat people lurking about ready to help you out.

Back
Top Bottom