help to vaccinate for mareks.

Quote:
Depends how old they are...where did you get the birds from and can you backtrack.ask.and find out?

There's great threads on here about Meeks..did you do a search for it?

Last edited:
thank you I bought them from a small feed store my girls are almost a year old I was wondering because my daufgters ar in 4h and want to show them at the fair.
idunno.gif

Quote:
OK you want to show the meat birds? Find out where the feed store got the chicks ..then call the hatchery to see if they vaccinate meat birds. I'm sorry I could be totally worng but I seriously don't think the hatcheries vaccinate for feedstore chicks-especially meaties...

I don't have meat birds I have ee's. we are going to show them as egg layers.

My feed store has all chicks vaccinated for Marek's. Call the store and find out. However, as far as I am aware from extensive research, the Marek's vaccine will not hurt them if you revaccinate. However, it is usually only given to day old chicks due to the prevalance of Marek's in the air and soil. My feeling? It can't hurt
smile.png

Quote:
OK you want to show the meat birds? Find out where the feed store got the chicks ..then call the hatchery to see if they vaccinate meat birds. I'm sorry I could be totally worng but I seriously don't think the hatcheries vaccinate for feedstore chicks-especially meaties...

I don't have meat birds I have ee's. we are going to show them as egg layers.

Oh I'm sorry. Was answering a few posts about meat birds and must have been thinking of them when I was posting here. I would still find out who your feed store bought them from and ask the hatchery

Back
Top Bottom